L’Afghanistan è il paese peggiore dove vivere per le donne. Lo sostiene un’indagine della Thomson Reuters Foundation’s.
“Ongoing conflict, Nato airstrikes and cultural practices combined make Afghanistan a very dangerous place for women,” said Antonella Notari, head of Women Change Makers, a group that supports women social entrepreneurs around the world. “In addition, women who do attempt to speak out or take on public roles that challenge ingrained gender stereotypes of what’s acceptable for women to do or not, such as working as policewomen or news broadcasters, are often intimidated or killed”
Ecco la classifica stilata dalla fondazione inglese:
* Afghanistan tops expert poll of dangers to women
* Congo plagued by rape as weapon of war
* Pakistan blighted by acid attacks and ‘honour killings’
* India cited for trafficking and sexual slavery
* Somalia seen as having full gamut of risks